Bloomberg database, import data

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

New

Bloomberg database, import data

Postby New » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:47 am

Hi,

I just bought Eviews 9.5 and trying to connect it with the Bloomberg database (I also have Bloomberg prof.). I am using these steps:

http://www.eviews.com/EViews8/Enterpris ... tabase.pdf

I am able to open a window to bloomberg (FIle, open database, Bloomberg datebase). A window shows up (called database specification). I then click okay, and the Bloomberg database is open. I then browse for variables and these show up on the screen, but when I try to move it to the workfile it says:

"Bloomberg library error: "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime". 

are you familiar with this problem?

I hope some of you can help me

Best regards,

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Bloomberg database, import data

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 am

What is your EViews build date? Select help->EViews update to determine

cholke

Postby cholke » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 am

Is there an update to this? I have successfully connected to Bloomberg daily for a year. As of Friday, I have received the same message about the DateTime string. Nothing has changed configuration-wise that I am aware of. Bloomberg still functions correctly as does EViews when using non-Bloomberg data.

I am using 9.5 Enterprise Edition - Dec 27 2016 build.

Thanks,
Craig

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 am

We have noticed the Bloomberg servers have been flaky as of late. Most users have reported the problem going away the next day.

If you have admin privileges on your machine and are interested in helping to debug the issue, we can send you a test file that will generate output that we will submit in a detailed report to Bloomberg. Please send an email to support@eviews.com and refer to this thread.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 am

A patch for EViews 10 has been posted. Please let us know if the problem has or has not been resolved.

Return to “Data Manipulation”