Fred database in Eviews 9

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

vytama

Fred database in Eviews 9

Postby vytama » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi, I just got Eviews 9 enterprise edition to test it out before it will be rolled out to my co-workers. I am trying to look into new Fred database interface but when I try to go deeper in to the folders, I get an error message: Error: server returned unexpected content. It's for all folders -all series search, calendar, categories, releases and sources. Can you assist me with this error? Thank you.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Fred database in Eviews 9

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:44 pm

So if I understand correctly if you click on any -all series search, calendar, categories, releases and sources folders, you get the error. Is that correct?

Do you have access to the FRED website in a web browser?

vytama

Postby vytama » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 am

yes, that is correct - I get that error on each of the folders. I've just tried the Fred website and it works fine - I can access their data in the browser.

pml20

Postby pml20 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:42 am

Hi Eviews team, I am having the same message: 'error: server returned unexpected content'. Has this thread been solved and closed? Thanks for replying.
Pierre

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:47 am

Various conditions can cause that error.

Send an email support@eviews.com and reference this thread. We can then try to debug your specific issue.

Return to “Data Manipulation”