Oops, sorry - I forgot you were trying to create a Table instead of just a workfile.
Here's the command for importing your text file with the first column as text instead of a number:
Code: Select all
importtbl(name=mytable) Indeks_c_konsumaktivitet.txt ftype=ascii rectype=crlf skip=0 fieldtype=delimited delim=tab types=(A,) colhead=0 eoltype=pad badfield=NA
EViews created this command for me when I did the following:
1. Open a workfile
2. File menu->Import->Table from file... and selected your text file.
3. Clicked Next until I got to "Step 3 of 4" in the import table wizard.
4. Clicked on the first column (in the bottom preview) and then changed the data type to "Character" in the Data type dropdown. Click Next.
6. Entered "MyTable" as the name of the table. Click Finish.
7. Switched to the Capture window to see the generated command.