Check whether an addin has already been installed

For tips, questions and general information about writing Add-ins, how to package them, and how to submit them to EViews for publication.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Aurelien

Check whether an addin has already been installed

Postby Aurelien » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:16 am

Hello,

Thank you for the addin writing feature, it helps writing cleaner eViews program greatly!

I would like to know if there is any builtin functionality to check whether an addin has already been installed. The use case is a large program that uses a number of addins. At the beginning of the program, a script installs them all using a series of calls to the addin command (every time the program is run). However, this pops up an annoying confirmation dialog box if the addin is already installed. What I really need is just to ensure the addin is installed and ready to be used.

I'm aware of the possibility to read the ProgReg.ini file in the %APPDATA%\quantitative micro software\eviews folder and look for installed addins manually, but maybe there is a simpler way?

Many thanks,
Aurélien

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Check whether an addin has already been installed

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 am

Hi.

Interesting problem. There isn't a better solution right now, but I'll see if we can add something for the future.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

CharlieEVIEWS

Postby CharlieEVIEWS » Tue May 13, 2014 2:23 am

This would be extremely useful! I can't think of any other solution myself for this problem.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 am

The problem is that there is no uniqueness to add-ins. How can EViews check for the existence of a specific add-in?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Add-in Writing area”