Deleting old Addins via Program

For tips, questions and general information about writing Add-ins, how to package them, and how to submit them to EViews for publication.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

tchaithonov

Deleting old Addins via Program

Postby tchaithonov » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way to remove (specific, not all of them) old add-ins in a program. Let's say I consolidate the functions of several old add-ins into a new one (with a different name) and want to automatically remove the old ones when the new add-in installation begins. I tend to think that the shell code might work, but there is a problem with the addin location. In a regular program, one can do <addin>, but with shell command, I am not so sure about it. Would you please let me know what's the correct way to 1) remove the old add-in, and 2) remove the old add-in registration from the add-in list. Thanks.

Tchaithonov

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Deleting old Addins via Program

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm

There isn't a command line method to remove an add-in from the registry, so you're right - you're going to have to do it with some shell commands. The add-in registry is just an ini file stored in your standard EViews ini file location (you can use Options->General Options->File locations to find out where).

Might be easier to automate outside of EViews with some sort of bat file or script rather than using EViews to do it though, if possible.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Add-in Writing area”