updating addins

For questions about EViews Add-ins available from the EViews Add-ins webpage. Note each add-in available on our webpage will have its own individual thread.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator, EViews Esther

rclive

updating addins

Postby rclive » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:07 am

Hi Gareth,
I have a question on updating add-ins.
I want to use our LAN to store all of the latest versions of our addins but keep getting an error when I try to update.
I have the following programs(with code below):

An install program: callsim install.prg
addin(type=all,version = 1.0,menu="WEFM: Single Country Simulator",proc=callsim,docs=".\callsim.txt", desc="WEFM: Single Country Simulator", URL="file:///s:/Clive/WEFM/WEFM_SingleCountry/callsim.xml") ".\aaa_callsim7_test3.prg"

a table of contents file: toc.ini
[package]
installer = callsim install.prg
folder = WEFM_Test

A documentation file, callsim.txt

the XML file: callsim.xml
<item>
<title>Callsim</title>
<version>1.0</version>
<description>WEFM: Single Country Simulator.</description>
<link>file:///s:/Clive/WEFM/WEFM_SingleCountry/callsim.aipz</link>
<pubDate>06 Feb 2014</pubDate>
</item>

and finally the renamed zip archive: callsim.aipz (containing all of the files.)

I have put the two files, callsim.aipz and callsim.xml on our LAN drive here:
s:\Clive\WEFM\WEFM_SingleCountry\
-------

If I go to the LAN directory and dbl click on callsim.aipz, EViews opens and installs the addin. The addin works fine.
The problem is that when I go to "manage addins" and then try to "update" I get an error message:

CALLSIM: Could not retrieve update list due to error [Unknown connection error.]

Any idea whats wrong?

Clive

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: updating addins

Postby EViews Steve » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 am

EViews originally didn't have support for update xml files being found locally, only via http.

I believe we updated EViews 8 to have this support so if you're using that version, you can update to the latest version and then use your local XML file. Don't prefix the file path with "file://", just state the path.

Return to “Add-in Support”