Set Up Using BMA & ExpSmooth Add-Ins

For questions about EViews Add-ins available from the EViews Add-ins webpage. Note each add-in available on our webpage will have its own individual thread.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator, EViews Esther

kjd31

Set Up Using BMA & ExpSmooth Add-Ins

Postby kjd31 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:10 am

Hi there,

I'm looking to install and run the BMA and ExpSmooth add-ins. I'm using EViews 8 64-bit. Currently, I just have R installed on my computer, and have downloaded the files for the forecast package listed under the ExpSmooth add-in. Otherwise, there is no documentation or direction as to how to get the add-ins running properly. Can somebody from EViews please give me a basic step-by-step walk through for running both add-ins successfully, or provide me with a phone # to call?

Thank you.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Set Up Using BMA & ExpSmooth Add-Ins

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:19 am

If you're using EViews 8, there's little point in using the ExpSmooth add-in, given that ETS smoothing was added to EViews 8. For the BMA add-in, your best bet is to read the documentation that comes with the Add-in.

We do not offer phone (or email) support for Add-ins.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

kjd31

Postby kjd31 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 am

What documentation comes with the add-in? When you download the add-in from your website it's just the .aipz file...?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:27 am

Once you've installed the add-in, the documentation is available from the Manage Add-ins menu.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Add-in Support”