BVAR questions

For questions about EViews Add-ins available from the EViews Add-ins webpage. Note each add-in available on our webpage will have its own individual thread.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator, EViews Esther

EmmaNYC

BVAR questions

Postby EmmaNYC » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 am

Hi Gareth

Thank you for an excellent add-in. I am doing some loops of BVAR forecasting over different prior values and samples and encountered the following problems
1. The output window pop up each loop (kind of annoying) and my code halted because of too many popup windows. Is there a way to make it run silently?
2. bvar output objects were generated each round and named bvar, bvar1, bvar2... automatically. Is there a way to append/stack the outputs in 1 object?
3. Using Ko-Ko Minnesota prior, there is an option for h-step ahead forecast. I saw predictive means in the output. My guess is that they are the forecast values, right? Is it possible to extract them or assign a variable name for these values?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: BVAR questions

Postby EViews Gareth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:49 am

All three are not possible with the way the Add-in is currently written. However it would be fairly straight forward to make the modifications yourself.

For example, there is probably a line at the bottom of the add-in that has a show command. Remove that show command and you stop the results of each one from displaying. Change that show command to a print command (and change your printer output to a spool object rather than a printer) and you can put them all into one big object.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Add-in Support”