Bayesian VAR

For questions about EViews Add-ins available from the EViews Add-ins webpage. Note each add-in available on our webpage will have its own individual thread.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator, EViews Esther

dianatee

Re: Bayesian VAR

Postby dianatee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 pm

I am working on a project in which i have to use BVAR to forecast tax revenue. I am using Eviews 7 with BVAR Add-ins but every time i do my analysis i get the following message "Near singular matrix. Precision of coefficients can not be estimated." Can you help me on how i can solve the problem and how to conduct the BVAR analysis.

dianatee

Postby dianatee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 pm

I am working on a project in which i have to use BVAR to forecast tax revenue. I am using Eviews 7 with BVAR Add-ins but every time i do my analysis i get the following message "Near singular matrix. Precision of coefficients can not be estimated." Can you help me on how i can solve the problem and how to conduct the BVAR analysis. I am using the Koko-Minnesota/Litterman prior.

GEMOATH

Postby GEMOATH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 am

Hi,

I am so greatful if anyone of you could help me with the maximum number of endogenous variables that the model can handle.
Is there a possibility to use 54 variables?
I think that the code allows only for 30 endogenous variables or this is a dialog box issue?
Could someone please guide me to find the BVAR code?

thanks

dakila

Postby dakila » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:28 am

Try the lbvar add-in. it can handle 54 variables.

Return to “Add-in Support”