issue with advanced rolling regression

For questions about EViews Add-ins available from the EViews Add-ins webpage. Note each add-in available on our webpage will have its own individual thread.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator, EViews Esther

inewman

issue with advanced rolling regression

Postby inewman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 pm

the advanced rolling regression function seems to have gone completely haywire (it has been working perfectly until this morning). Specifically When i anchor at the start date (1988m11), and run it to the end date (2013m12) i see eviews calculating from start to the end dates. However when i look at the coefficients , there are n/a from 2005 onwards. As a test i reapplied the rolling regression to an advanced roling regression i performed yday (which produced coefficients from 1988 to 2013). The same problem occurred, namely now the coefficents were only produced up to 2005 with n/a afterwards. Has anyone come across this before? tks...

inewman

Re: issue with advanced rolling regression

Postby inewman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:25 pm

i should add that this problem (coefficients being n/a after 2005) is occurring every time i run any advanced regression in which you anchor the start date. The other advanced rolling regression functionality is still working fine..

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:41 pm

If you believe something has happened to your copy of the add-in, you can always re-download and install it.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

inewman

Postby inewman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:39 am

yep, already tried that..plus i also got my IT guys to reinstall eviews..same problem remains..irrespective of whatever range i enter now it will no longer calculate values for the ranges im entering....its as if this function / eviews has become corrupted in some way (please note that i have been using this function repeatedly for months prior to this)..would it be possible to send someone the eviews file by email so they could take a look? tks

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:42 am

You can post it here
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Add-in Support”