You have exceeded the concurrent use limit for your EViews

For questions regarding EViews License Manager.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

kapitan

You have exceeded the concurrent use limit for your EViews

Postby kapitan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 am

We migrated the License Manager of Eviews 6 to a new server.
And we registered the Eviews 6 at register@eviews.com and returned a message of:
"A registration for this machine has been found. This Machine has been registered previously. A
new registration is not required. This EViews serial number has been used to register 1 machine(s)."

And we entered the Name, Serial #, Machine ID, and Registry key to the new server. And it prompted successful registration.
Question:
Is our registration really a success? If yes, why when we install a new EViews 6.0 client and tried to run it, it prompts:
"You have exceeded the concurrent use limit for your EViews. Please try again later"

What could be wrong?

By the way our license is for 10 concurrent. And during the testing, only 1 client tried to connect. But like I said, it fails..
Please help. Thank you.

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: You have exceeded the concurrent use limit for your EVie

Postby EViews Steve » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 am

That message can appear if all of the installed licenses are expired. Normally, you cannot move a previously installed license without contacting us to release it for you (once a license is installed onto a machine, it becomes "tied" to that machine and you won't be able to install it again onto another machine).

In any case, look at the installed license on your new server to make sure it looks ok (check the Refresh By date in the License Management console).

Also, make sure your EViews clients are trying to contact the correct server. Look at the "lisource.txt" file located in their EViews folder to see if it contains the correct name for the new license server.

Steve

kapitan

Postby kapitan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 am

As follow up from my inquiry. How can I contact you, for the transfer of our EViews 6.0 to a different server?

Our server that hosts, Eviews 6.0 concurrent license, had break down and won't power on. Because of obsolescence of the server, it cannot be repaired.
How can we transfer the Eviews 6.0 Server to a new server?

I understand that in order for us to seek assistance on this kind of request, we should be enrolled in your annual subscriptions.
If I'm not mistaken , we procured the EViews 6.0 Volume License (10 concurrent and 5 seat license) sometime on year 2008. But was not able
to renew our subscription on 2009, so it was expired. But since the Eviews 6.0 is perpetual, we still able to use it until now.

But on 2012, we procured EViews 7.0 Volume License (10 concurrent and 5 seat license) and continuously renewed our subscription. And due to
our subscription, our EViews was upgraded to EViews 8 for free.

On this regard, since we subscribe to EViews Volume License for EViews 8 (License term: 12-Jan-2014 to 12-Jan-2015), can you also extend
your support for us to migrate our EViews 6.0 to a different server? I believe we are entitled to use both EViews 6.0 and EViews 8.0 because we
procured them separately.

Hoping for your positive response. Thank you.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:27 am

email support@eviews.com with your inquiry.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “License Manager”