Problem with license validation

For questions regarding EViews License Manager.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

jano527

Problem with license validation

Postby jano527 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:39 pm

My license server has internet connection, but is not validating my license.

I get a message that my license has expired and that

Please contact QMS for assistance

how could I update my license?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Problem with license validation

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:37 am

Please contact support@eviews.com, along with your serial number.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Problem with license validation

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:58 am

Here's a list of a few things to check for when troubleshooting the automatic refresh feature:

1. First, on the license server, open a browser window and go to http://register1.eviews.com. Make sure our registration web form comes up without any problems.

2. Run EViews License Management Console, then right-click the "Local server" in the left tree view and select Properties. Click on the "Internet" tab. Then make sure the "Let service automatically refresh licenses" option is selected. If not, select it then click Apply.

3. On the same dialog, click the "Test Internet Access" button to make sure the server can reach our registration site. If it fails there are two things I would check:

a. Some networks require you to use an internet proxy server to get to the internet. You may need to copy these settings from your main browser into this License Manager/Internet dialog in order for your server to get out successfully. Click the "Manually specify proxy" option, then fill in the proxy server:port and any user/pwd that is required by your proxy server. If you know Internet Explorer can get to the internet ok, you could try clicking the "Auto detect from IE" button to see if we can copy it over for you. Once you fill in the proxy settings, click the "Test Internet Access" button again to test the new values.

b. Our License Server is designed to be run as a Windows service under the usual "Local System" account. Some networks will not allow "Local System" to access the internet. You can try changing the account that is used to run the License Manager service to see if that resolves the internet issue. To do this, you'll need to go the Services control panel (Control Panel / Admin Tools / Services), find "EViews LIcense Server" in the list and double-click it. Click on the "Log On" tab, then click the "This account" option and fill in the username and password for a different account to use. Once filled in, click OK to save the changes, then restart the service. Go back to the EViews Management console (you may need to restart that as well), then click the "Test Internet Access" button again.

Return to “License Manager”