Setting up new license server

For questions regarding EViews License Manager.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

rfc2

Setting up new license server

Postby rfc2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 am

I am replacing an old license server and I am setting up a new license server which includes Eviews 6 and Eviews license manager with a 50 concurrent license. Do I need to de-activate the licenses on the old server so that I can use them on the new server? I hope to use the same IP address on the new server. Also, I have an Eviews 6 disk but I do not have the license manager disk. Can I download the license manager software? Thanks for your help.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Setting up new license server

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm

The old license server will need to be unregistered and that will need to be done by QMS. Please contact support@eviews.com for more information.

The installation software is only available via CD.

zsivany

Postby zsivany » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:41 am

Hello,

My question is, it is possible to use the server's resource to our calculation? How can I it manage it? Is able the license manager to handle it? Or what is the appropriate method? (The server will be a Sun product with Solaris operating system)Thanks the answer for in advantage.
bye

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:44 am

Currently the license manager is only capable on running on servers which run a MS Windows operating system. Included with the server is the EViews License Management Console. This a snap-in for the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) application. The EViews License Management Console provides a user interface for the administration of the license manager.

zsivany

server resource

Postby zsivany » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 am

So we can not get around the problem? If I had a powerful SUN server, I can not use it's resources to support my calculations? What is your advice in this case?
Thanks, bye!
Zs

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am

You may be able to run on a SUN system via a Windows emulator, if one is available. I also cannot guarantee it will run properly for we have not heard of anyone else with this particular setup nor have we tested it. Keep in mind, if one is available and the license manager is capable of running without issue, the emulator will also need to be running at times.

I am not clear as to what you wish to calculate, but in the directory where the license manager is installed is a directory called 'log files'. In it you will find the logs of each day containing the connects and disconnects made between the license manager and the client machines. All the log files are text files, so you could write a text parser that will parse out pertinent information deemed by you and then perform your own calculations. While this may not be ideal, it may provide an option

Return to “License Manager”