If your EViews license server has been running since before October 21, 2015 (the day we moved web servers), you may need to reboot your license server in order to get the updated DNS entries for these URLs.
Also, if your firewall/proxy had any specific rules for our old registration site (old IP address was: 184.108.40.206), you may need to update the rules with the new IP address.
To verify your license server can reach our new site, run the EViews Management console and right-click the server name in the left tree view and click on Properties. Next, click on Internet tab. On this dialog there is a "Test Internet Access" button. Click it to see if the service can reach the new registration site on its own.
We've tested the new site from various locations around the world. If you continue to have issues with the new site, please try the manual registration option first (directly on the license server) to see if your web browser can successfully update your license.
To do this:
- Run the EViews Management Console, and double-click the Licenses icon.
- Right-click the first license and select Update License.
- Click the "Go to http://www.eviews.com/registerServer" button to launch the browser.
- If the web form is not already filled in, copy the serial number, name, machine id, and email address to the web form. Click the Submit button.
- Upon successful registration, you should see a 6-part registration key. Copy the entire key to the clipboard.
- Return to the Update License dialog and select "Manual" option. Six small text boxes should now be enabled. Paste the key into the first small textbox and all 6 parts should be distributed to the rest of the text boxes for you.
- Click the "Update now" button to complete the update.
- Verify that the "Refresh By" date is now 30 or 90 days in the future.
Send email to email@example.com for more help troubleshooting this issue with your license server. Please also provide the first 8 digits of your EViews serial number in your email.