Best Approach to deal with HT and Serial correlation in Panel Estimation

For econometric discussions not necessarily related to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

jmrg2992

Best Approach to deal with HT and Serial correlation in Panel Estimation

Postby jmrg2992 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 am

Greetings, this is my first time using these forums, I would like first to congratulate the Eviews team for making this software and the support.

I have a panel data set with N=5 and T=3800 (financial data daily periodicity). I made the estimation with Panel Least Squares, however, my model suffers from serial correlation (even when I set up 16 lags with Hannan-Quinn Criteria for ideal lags) and also, heteroskedasticity.

I have read that White Period option could account for the problem (and with this estimation the serial correlation problem goes away in fact with the Q lag structure test of autocorrelation), however, I did read that White Period option is more suitable for short T and large N. Which is not my case, I wanted to know if this is the correct way to account for serial correlation and HT, and if it's possible if anyone knows maybe can provide me some papers talking about White Period estimator with large T and small N.

Or maybe, I'm totally wrong, if that's the case, What would be the best option to perform in Eviews?

Return to “Econometric Discussions”