How to read the result of BEKK GARCH model for testing volatility spillover between Asian stock markets

For econometric discussions not necessarily related to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

jnjustice

How to read the result of BEKK GARCH model for testing volatility spillover between Asian stock markets

Postby jnjustice » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:39 pm

Hello all,
I am doing a dissertation about volatility spillover effects between several Asian stock markets. Here is the workfile in the attachment.
I am trying to use the multivariate GARCH model to test the volatility spillover and I have several questions as follow:
1. In Eviews, it only has diagonal BEKK GARCH model in the estimate. Can I use this model to test the volatility spillover? And the ARCH coefficient restriction I choose Indefinite Matrix, am I right?
2. The sys01 in attachment shows the result of BEKK GARCH model which I do it for the stock index returns in my paper. How can I read the result?
3, Also the same question for the CCC model. Can I use CCC model to test the volatility spillover? What should I choose for coefficient restriction? Scalar?

Thanks for your reading. Hope for the feedback soon.

@STACKINST

@INST

CSI = C(1)

STI = C(2)

SET = C(3)

JCI = C(4)

FBMKLCI = C(5)

PCOMP = C(6)
Attachments
shujushuju.wf1
(256.79 KiB) Downloaded 590 times

jnjustice

Re: How to read the result of BEKK GARCH model for testing volatility spillover between Asian stock markets

Postby jnjustice » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:10 am

anyone here?

Shwan

Re: How to read the result of BEKK GARCH model for testing volatility spillover between Asian stock markets

Postby Shwan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 am

Hi,
I have read all over the forum about the diagonal BEKK results interpretation but I am still confused :cry: .
I underestand that if I have a bivariate diagonal BEKK estimation including asset i and j, then matrix A represents the effect of shock in asset i at time t-1 on the subsequent co-volatility between assets i and j at time t. However, what if we estimate a multivariage diagonal BEKK?
For example, I am including 10 markets (n=1...10) and I have the coefficients for A(1,1), ...A(10,10), and also B(1,1)...B(10,10), can some one please help me to interprete these results about having more than two asset in the BEKK model?
Moreover, I am very confused about the variance equation, I cant figure out which are the ARCH and GARCH estimations in variance equation.... is there any source to have a clear interpretation about these results from Eviews or is there any one that can kindly help me about it?

I attached my results,

Thanks
Shwan
Attachments
BEKK2.docx
(25.46 KiB) Downloaded 706 times

Return to “Econometric Discussions”