xkeymacs

For posts that don't quite fit into any of the other forums, including posts about these forums themselves.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

tchaithonov

xkeymacs

Postby tchaithonov » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Guys,

I know this is not related to the QMS folks, but since it's related to Eviews, I guess someone here might have the answer. I have been using xkeymacs to remap my keyboard so that when I program, it's like programming in emacs. Lately -- in fact, it's after installing 7.1 -- the Ctrl-A in the program window (it still works in the command window) stops working. So, when I want the cursor to go back to the front of the line, it doesn't respond. I tried the same procedure with a program in Eviews 6.1, no problems at all. So, I wonder, what, in eviews 7.1's program window, is stopping xkeymacs to function properly? Does anyone have an idea? Please let me know. Thanks.

Tchaithonov

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: xkeymacs

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am

You are correct. There is a bug. You can however re-enable it if you turn off auto indenting (options->general options->programs->general).

We will get it fixed ASAP.

tchaithonov

Postby tchaithonov » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks Jason. My Indent is in fact set as "Auto off". Just wanna put it out there so that you know.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:08 pm

I apologize you are correct again. The real issue is you have the keyboard focus in options->general options->windows->window behavior set to the command window. If you click the command window and then click in the program window, focus should be set to the program window and ctl-a works as expected.

tchaithonov

Postby tchaithonov » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks Jason, but I have to admit that I didn't follow. In Keyboard focus, there are two choices: Command Window and Active Window, and as you said, my current select is the Command Window. I believe what you mean is that I should change to the Active Window (?). I tried it, ctrl-A is still not responding....

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 pm

The problem is only when the program is first opened. So if you open a program, click the command window and then click in the program window again, everything should work.

If you 'active window' set, pressing ctl+a should work normally without having to switch focus.

Can you verify ctl+c and ctl+v work ok?

Secondly can you turn off xkeymacs and verify the same problems exist?

tchaithonov

Postby tchaithonov » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I can confirm that ctrl+c & alt+w (copy), ctrl+w (cut), and ctrl+y (paste) work as usual. Ctrl+a still doesn't work (even after I closed eviews and reopen, click on command window then program window), although ctrl+e (end) works.

Without xkeymacs, everything works (of course following windows keymaps). Not sure why.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I think the two of you have manged to confuse yourselves.

Tchaithonov is essentially complaining that the "home" key doesn't work in programs any more. I'm assuming that xkeymacs means that CTRL-A does the same thing as the home key does (i.e. takes you to the start of the line).

This is a known bug (Jason and I actually found it this morning before you posted), but is only occurs if you have the global program setting for completion set to "Auto-Off", which, Tchaithonov says he has set that way.

We'll get it fixed.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

tchaithonov

Postby tchaithonov » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Yup, Gareth, that's the problem.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 am

The latest patch contains the fix.

Return to “Any Other Business”