Control procedure

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

modelmaker

Control procedure

Postby modelmaker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am

In my model, actuals for different variables end at different dates. To handle the uneven end dates for actuals, I have used the "actexist=t" option with the exclude procedure, and I have set my forecast period to start at the earliest date where endogenous actuals do not exist.

Using my forecast date range, I am trying to use a control procedure to back out an add factor for one of my endogenous variables. Since my model is supposed to exclude actuals where they exist, I had assumed that the control procedure would not produce an add factor in history - however, it does. This is causing the forecast of the endogenous variable to deviate from the target trajectory.

I can't figure out how to get the control procedure to incorporate the model's "exclude" settings.

I'm using version 7.2 Enterprise Edition.

EViews Chris
EViews Developer

Re: Control procedure

Postby EViews Chris » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm

It might be easier for us to follow what you're doing with an example.

Would you be able to email a workfile and/or program to support@eviews.com showing an example of what you are currently doing and a description of what you would like to change about it?

Thanks,

Chris

Return to “Models”