Effect of RHS variables on dependent variable (_1 vs _0)

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Danxxx

Effect of RHS variables on dependent variable (_1 vs _0)

Postby Danxxx » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi,

My model has baseline _0, and scenario _1 [over 2010-2020]. For each equation's dependent variable, I want to see the effect of each right-hand side variable. (For now, assume there are no lagged dependent variables on the rhs).

In other words, suppose I have
LS log(xx) c log(yy(-1)) pdl(zz,6,1,2)
So if xx changes by a certain amount in _1 vs _0, I want to know how much of that came from yy and how much came from zz. I have found no easy way to do this.
So first I needed a list of right-hand variables. I tried eqname.@varlist but that doesn't have all of them. So I converted the equation to a model and got the exogenous variables. Then I set them equal to the _0 values, and looped through them so one at a time they equaled the _1 values, did the equation forecast, and got the result. Is that the only way to do this?

That was for stochastic equations. For an identity in a model, I've found no way to get that text from the model and evaluate it for _0 and _1 values. Any suggestions?

TIA, Dan

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Effect of RHS variables on dependent variable (_1 vs _0)

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 am

I think you're probably doing it the only way. The fact you have the PDL term in there makes things complicated. Without it there may have been something easier.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Models”