ge an endogenous variable into exogenous in a model

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Peter

ge an endogenous variable into exogenous in a model

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 am

Hi,
I'm just doing some wealth effects simulation using Ray Fair's "Fairmodel" (http://fairmodel.econ.yale.edu/eviews/eviews.htm) and was wondering if anyone knows how to change an endogenous variable into an exogenous variable within the model in order to run some simulations? In particular in the FMA model (found on the link above) I am trying to change the variable CG from an endogenous variable to an exogenous variable.

Any helps greatly appreciated
Peter

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: ge an endogenous variable into exogenous in a model

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:22 am

You can exclude a variable from your model, which effectively turns it from an endogenous variable into an exogenous.

To that, click on the Variables button, then right click on the variable you want to exclude, hit properties, and then change the "Scenario Excludes" option.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

srey

Re: ge an endogenous variable into exogenous in a model

Postby srey » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:32 pm

on a related question, once you change the formally endogenous variable to an exogenous one, how does introduce shocks to the latter for scenarios? In other words, i can do the conversion of an endogenous to exogenous var, then run the model to get a baseline. but i cannot figure out how to add shocks to the newly created exogenous variable to run a counter factual. i can do this for "original exogenous variables" but following the advice given above, i can't seem to apply the same approach to the variable that has been respecified as exogenous (i.e., originally endogenous).

any suggestions?

Return to “Models”