Add factors

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

wirving

Add factors

Postby wirving » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm running an SETSMA model. I'm trying to set all add factors for the multi-equation model so that the forecast will produce add factors for all equations in wholesale fashion so that the forecast series equals history for the 4 quarters of 2016 (for those variables in which our historical data goes that far), with the estimation sample ending in q4 2015. After setting the equation assignment parameters (all stochastic equations-no identities, equation intercept shift) and setting all values so that equations have no residual at ACTUALS, I run the model. However, the forecast series for the four quarters of 2016 is still not equal to the actuals. When handling the same issue for individual equations, the only way we could get the 2016 forecast to match the actuals was by setting add factors "so model solves the Target Variable to the values of the Trajectory Series for the same variable). Any advice?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Add factors

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Built in, I think you might be out of luck, since, as you say, solve target only handles a single target at a time.

The Mcontrol add-in might be what you need.

http://www.eviews.com/Addins/addins.shtml
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Models”