How to define scenarios for a model

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

henriqueld

How to define scenarios for a model

Postby henriqueld » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:28 am

Good afternoon,

I am having trouble defining scenarios for o model I put together to solve four equations. I have read in many places that in order to create a "Scenario x", you just have to add the suffix "_x" after the variable name. So what I did with my exogenous variables was to copy them and past on the same WF, manipulate the data according to the scenario and, lastly, rename the series adding "_x" after them. When I run the model with the selected scneario, though, I get the message " Unable to compute due to missing data in (...)". There must be something else you need to do ir order to establish that those variables are now a part of Scenario x, and not just adding the suffix after it.
Can anybody help me find a solution for that?

Thank you!

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: How to define scenarios for a model

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 am

You're a little sparse on details as to what you're trying to do.

Assuming that you've created alternative series for some of the exogenous variables in the model, you need to tell the model to use those alternative values rather than the actual ones. To do this you have to override that variable for the scenario. You can do that in the scenarios dialog.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

henriqueld

Re: How to define scenarios for a model

Postby henriqueld » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:20 am

Gareth, you should get a nobel price for being an angel. Thanks, man! :D

Return to “Models”