Excel Add in in Eviews 8

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

davidb

Excel Add in in Eviews 8

Postby davidb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 am

Hi!

I have a problem with the installation of the excel addin in Eviews 8.
I install Eviews in a network drive and I register all components in the user PC with the eviews /regcom command. When I open excel, I can see the eviews addin, but, when I active it, I can't see the Add ins ribbon and if I go another time to the options and search for the add in to activate it an "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during loading of COM add-in" error appears in the information.

Please, can you help me?

Thanks!

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Excel Add in in Eviews 8

Postby EViews Steve » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 am

This might be a problem with the fact that you're trying to run an Add In from a network location. Try explicitly adding that location to your list of Trusted Locations within Excel. To do this in Excel 2010:
1. run Excel
2. goto File->Options
3. click on "Trust Center" in the left category list
4. click the "Trust Center Settings" button
5. make sure "Allow Trusted Locations on my network" is checked
6. click "Add new location" to add your network share. Make sure the "subfolders of this location are also trusted" checkbox is also checked when you add the location.
7. restart Excel.

Steve

davidb

Postby davidb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:19 am

EViews Steve wrote:This might be a problem with the fact that you're trying to run an Add In from a network location. Try explicitly adding that location to your list of Trusted Locations within Excel. To do this in Excel 2010:
1. run Excel
2. goto File->Options
3. click on "Trust Center" in the left category list
4. click the "Trust Center Settings" button
5. make sure "Allow Trusted Locations on my network" is checked
6. click "Add new location" to add your network share. Make sure the "subfolders of this location are also trusted" checkbox is also checked when you add the location.
7. restart Excel.

Steve

Thank you for the reply. I will try the solution.
By the way. Are there any way to install "manualy" on local only the excel add-in?
It could be other solution

Thank you!

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 am

To use the add-in, you need to have EViews installed so there isn't a separate way to just get the add-in.

davidb

Postby davidb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:46 am

EViews Steve wrote:To use the add-in, you need to have EViews installed so there isn't a separate way to just get the add-in.

Sorry, I want to say install eviews in a network location and the add-in in local to avoid the problem of the trusted location

Thank you!

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am

No.

davidb

Postby davidb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:15 am

Hello!

I tried the solution, but I have the same problem.
I Added the network place as a trusted location, and checked Allow Trusted Locations on my network and checked subfolders of this location are also trusted but, when I try to active de add-in, nothing happens.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 am

Ah, ok. I probably should've mentioned this earlier.

Run EViews, then type in REGCOMPONENTS in the command window. Click Yes All to re-register everything. After doing this, run REGCOMPONENTS again and make sure everything is marked as "Installed".

Our Excel 2007 Add In requires a few things to be installed on your machine (things that our setup installer takes care of for you):
1) .NET Framework 3.5 (you can find this from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=21)
2) Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies (from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=18346)
3) Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=35594)

Most likely you already have .NET 3.5 installed. Since you probably did not use our installer, you'll need to install the last two items manually. Once installed, your Excel 2007 Add In should work.

Steve

Return to “Installation and Registration”