Eivews on Macbook

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

evs123

Eivews on Macbook

Postby evs123 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 am

Hello,

I run Window system on my book through Boot Camp. Can I install Eviews 7 on the window system run via boot camp? If so, what should I do? Simply install Eviews in my Macbook as if I were installing in PC window system?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Eivews on Macbook

Postby EViews Steve » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 am

You should be able to install EViews 7 on Windows running in Boot Camp. If you get an error about using EViews on a virtual machine (which can happen if you run your Boot Camp partition using Parallels or VMWare Fusion), you should contact our support about getting an adjustment to your license that will allow you to run on your Mac.

Steve

DrStrangelove

Postby DrStrangelove » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi everybody,

I am thinking of buying a mac pro pc. There is no e-views version for a mac pc. I have to use Parallels or similar software or run windows (and e-views) in a different partition? Am I right? What are the pros and cons of each choise? I prefer the first choise. E-Views works properly with that or not? Note that I am working in the field of applied econometrics and so e-views is essential for me.

Thank you in advance
T

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 pm

If you use Parallels, it can store the entire virtual machine in a single file or on a separate partition -- your choice.

I've actually heard that running your VM from a file can be faster than running it from your boot camp partition but I don't remember the reasons. I've done both methods and they both seem fine performance wise. The benefit of running your VM from an actual partition is that you can have access to the files, even if the VM is not running.

Steve

A.Smith

Postby A.Smith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 am

I have recently purchased MacBook MB062LL/B, but it seems to me it is easier to make it compatible with windows rather than making it work with Eiview. I have previously run it on my Windows XP PC. However, i haven't found any more relevant forum mobile spy with this topic discussed.
Last edited by A.Smith on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaxview

Postby Jaxview » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:28 am

EViews Steve wrote:If you use Parallels, it can store the entire virtual machine in a single file or on a separate partition -- your choice.

That's cool, so it's ok to run it on a mac and should work fine if we run it on a virtual machine? I've never used a virtual machine before but I'm getting a mac so I hope it works ok.

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:21 am

Depending on what kind of license you have, you may need to contact our sales office to get permission to run your copy of EViews on a virtual machine. Most licenses except for concurrent licenses are not allowed to run on virtual machines. After you get it installed on your mac, call our sales office and ask for help getting registered on a mac virtual machine.

Return to “Installation and Registration”