Changing License Type

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

tchaithonov

Changing License Type

Postby tchaithonov » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 am

Hi,

My computer currently has concurrent use license installed and I am about to have a new seat volume license. What are the procedures to make such a change? I tried to uninstall eviews and install it again, but it goes back to the concurrent license once eviews is opened (even after asking for a new code during installation). Would anyone please let me know? Thanks.

Tchaithonov

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Changing License Type

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:11 pm

When you purchased the new seat license, you should have been given a new serial number. After uninstalling EViews and during reinstallation process, if you used the new serial number everything should be fine.

In any case, to save you the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling again, in the directory where EViews is installed, you will find a file called lisource.txt. Rename that file to something other than lisource.txt and then start EViews. EViews will either start with the new serial seat license number or indicate 'No licensing information could be found for this copy of EViews'. If no licensing information found, select 'Install a standalone license ...' and press OK. From here enter the new serial number and press 'Register now'.

tchaithonov

Re: Changing License Type

Postby tchaithonov » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks very much Jason!

Return to “Installation and Registration”