Eviews4

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

Pedro

Eviews4

Postby Pedro » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:33 am

I have had to formatted my hardisk and reinstalling all my programs. When I try to reinstall my Eviews4 copy, I get a message saying that all the three licences are in use. The problem is that aparently Eviews does not support this version any more. Can anybody inform me how to solve my problem? (I can´t afford to buy a new copy now!)

Pedro

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: Eviews4

Postby startz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:44 am

Send email to register@eviews.com. Include your serial number. You may want to explain why all three installations have already been used.

Pedro

Postby Pedro » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:12 pm

I did it but Mr. Glenn Meyer reply to me by saying that "You can use EViews as best you can, we just can
not assist you anymore with this serial number". So I feel I have been abandoned by the firm.

Pedro

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:33 am

The reason you were denied over the phone is that your free technical support for EViews 4 has expired. Obviously, we cannot offer free support for previous versions of EViews indefinitely, and the policy has been to end such support after two product cycles, or 5 years after the introduction of the subsequent version, whichever comes later. Therefore, free EViews 4 support was only available during the life cycle of version 4 and version 5, or 5 years after the release of version 5.

Your predicament has, however, triggered some discussion here, and we would like to provide you with some assistance in this regard. Accordingly, we have decided to both clarify and extend our policies on support of previous versions.

1. Free technical support (including bug fixes, registration, and non-registration related installation issues) for single-user copies of EViews is available for two product cycles, or 5 years after the introduction of the next version, whichever comes later.

2. Technical support for copies of EViews purchased under a site license is only available for the duration of the site license contract (and only available to users listed under the contract).

3. Registration support for single-user versions which are no longer officially supported will offered for a nominal support fee, if technically feasible. The terms of registration must follow the original licensing agreement. Note that it may at some point be technically impossible for us to offer registration support for legacy versions.

I hope that you understand the reason for our policies and that the changes we have made will allow you to use your copy of EViews 4. If you contact sales@eviews.com, they will handle your reinstallation, for the nominal support fee.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Pedro

Postby Pedro » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks a lot. For sure I understand your reasons but I hope you understand mines. The policy of QMS should not penalty legal purchasers. On the other hand, the "tecnical support" we need does not seem very complicate: the only thing we need is a code that makes the software works. Obviously the solution you give could be a good measure ... depending on the amount of the fee!.

Kind regards,

Pedro

Return to “Installation and Registration”