EViews 11 Beta.

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

EViews 11 Beta.

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 pm

A beta version of EViews 11 is now available for EViews 10 users. You can download here:
http://www.eviews.com/EViews11/EViews11Beta/

New features include:
  • Spreadsheet Colouring
  • GeoMaps (geographical maps in EViews)
  • Python Integration
  • Command Explorer
  • Command Autocomplete
  • Duplicates Analysis
  • Split Frequency Conversion
  • BEA, Census, and NOAA Database Access
  • Elastic Net and LASSO Estimation
  • New Bayesian VARs
  • Mixed Frequency VARs
  • Switching VARs
  • Seasonal Unit Root Tests
  • Functional Coefficient Estimation
  • New Equation Standard Error Options
  • New Series Generation and Matrix Functions
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

binhpham79

Re: EViews 11 Beta.

Postby binhpham79 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am

Hi Eviews team,

I wish to have error bands for Bayesian VAR in the EV 11, reading the beta doc (BVAR section) I am not sure this important feature is included in the official release. Any confirm?

Best regards,

EViews Gareth

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:27 am

Error bands on what?

binhpham79

Postby binhpham79 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 pm

I mean error bands for Impulse - Response charts. Currently, EV10 does not support error bands for Bayesian VAR!

EViews Gareth

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Currently, sort of. When you perform Bayesian simulation of the responses, you can choose to save all the draws as a separate panel page. From that panel page it is relatively simple to plot median and quantiles.

We plan on automating it a bit more in the future.

francisco

Postby francisco » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi, I installed the demo version of Eviews 11 and it generated a conflict with my installed version of python and I had to uninstall and reinstall python. My question is, does Eviews install a version of python by default or what could have happened? Thanks.

EViews Gareth

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:20 pm

No, it does not install a version of Python. Can you describe exactly what happened?

francisco

Postby francisco » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks for your answer Gareth ... I explain what happened. For some modeling I use Python via anaconda navigator and always work without problems, however, when I installed Eviews 11 Beta I could no longer open anaconda navigator. Also, I was not able to access Python via Jupyter notebook. I had to uninstall these programs and install them again so that it could work again. With what version of python can eviews interact? Thanks again.

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:46 am

That's really strange.

EViews 11 Beta only talks to Python that you already have installed. It doesn't change any environment variables, or path settings, or really anything related to an installation of Python. It also doesn't install any version of Python for you. So I'm not sure what could've caused your issue.

When the beta runs, it does try to read the registry settings to find the path locations of your Python installations, but this doesn't really work for Anaconda users as it don't put any information about your various Anaconda python environments (other than the base environment) into the standard Python registry location.

When you encountered a problem with Anaconda not starting, did you already try running the Beta and connect it to Python? If so, did the EViews connection to Python work? And was XOPEN active when you tried to run Anaconda Navigator?

Install our beta using a zip file instead
Here's a link to a zip file that contains the latest EViews 11 Beta. Please try downloading this zip file, unzip either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder to your desktop, then run the main EViews executable (either EViews11Beta.exe or EViews11Beta_x64.exe) to launch the beta. Once running, try running Anaconda Navigator.

Register EViews 11 Beta components
If that works (which it should), try running the

Code: Select all

REGCOMPONENTS
command from the EViews command window (type it in and hit Enter). Then click the Yes (All) button to re-register everything. Once you see the success message, close the dialog, then try restarting Anaconda Navigator again.

Finally, try running XOPEN
Assuming everything still works, please try connecting to Python from within EViews. To do this, go to the Options menu/General Options/External program interface and double-check the Python home path. If you don't see a valid value in this dropdown, click the [...] button next to it and select the appropriate Python home directory (the Python home directly is usually the folder that contains the python.exe executable). Once selected & verified, close the Options dialog, then type in the command:

Code: Select all

XOPEN(p)
See if EViews can connect to Python and a log windows appears. If it appears, type in a few python commands below the log window and see if Python responds as expected. Now try restarting Anaconda Navigator.

Steve

francisco

Postby francisco » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for your response. I followed everything you told me:

- Install the beta version using the zip files.
- I ran the executable Eviews11Beta_x64.exe.
- I opened the Anaconda Navigator.
- Registered the components with REGCOMPONENTS.
- Restarted the Anaconda Navigator again.
- I connected to Python from within Eviews with XOPEN(p). I made some calls to python from EVIEWS and everything ran without problems.
- I restarted Anaconda Navigator again and everything worked perfectly.

I had no problems.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

xprimexinverse

Postby xprimexinverse » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:09 am

Hey,

Thanks for making EViews 11 Beta available for testing by users. I'll experiment with it and get back with feedback. The new features sound great!

- Graeme

javiersan

Postby javiersan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 am

Hi, I try to load a prj file but Eviews doesn't seem to recognise any of the prj documents I try, Could you please post the one you use in the manual? Thanks, Javier

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:19 am

What is the error message you are seeing when attempting to load your shapefile?

It should be noted, you will also need the corresponding .dbf, .shp, and .shx files along with your .prj file. They should additionally all exist in the same in the directory.

With that being said, the one used in the example can be found here:
https://data.ca.gov/sites/default/files/CA_Counties_0.zip

MarF

Postby MarF » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:37 am

Hi,

nice new features, but I have a question:

On page 21 (a document with basic documentation) there is:
"EViews 11 offers a large number of new functions to the programming language. Preliminary documentation is attached to the end of this document."

Unfortunately, I cannot see any of this.

Return to “Installation and Registration”