EViews sample workfiles

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

mpetroks

EViews sample workfiles

Postby mpetroks » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 am

Hello!

I would like to know if it is possible to get older EViews sample workfiles as well or could You help me finding one specific workfile.

I am trying to estimate NAIRU with Kalman filter for European Union countries. I have EViews 10 and wanted to see some state-space model examples. I found only airline.wf1, but I just got to one article (http://cmi.comesa.int/wp-content/upload ... ercise.pdf) where it is said that there should be gdp_kenya.wf1 as well but I could not find it.

Is there any possibility to get it somewhere because it seems that this file could help me with NAIRU estimates as I have some errors right now.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: EViews sample workfiles

Postby EViews Gareth » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm

mpetroks wrote:Hello!

I would like to know if it is possible to get older EViews sample workfiles as well or could You help me finding one specific workfile.

I am trying to estimate NAIRU with Kalman filter for European Union countries. I have EViews 10 and wanted to see some state-space model examples. I found only airline.wf1, but I just got to one article (http://cmi.comesa.int/wp-content/upload ... ercise.pdf) where it is said that there should be gdp_kenya.wf1 as well but I could not find it.

Is there any possibility to get it somewhere because it seems that this file could help me with NAIRU estimates as I have some errors right now.

That paper specifically says they retrieved the data from the Kenyan government website. It was never distributed with EViews.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

mpetroks

Postby mpetroks » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:52 am

Dear Gareth,

Thank You.

But are there any EViews example files for estimating NAIRU (for example, with Kalman filter)? Or airline.wf1 is the main Kalman filter/state-space model example workfile?

Best regards,
Marleen

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:20 am

Not that I am aware of.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Installation and Registration”